Reading & Math for K-5
- Learning numbers
- Comparing numbers
- Place Value
- Roman numerals
- Order of operations
- Drills & practice
- Factoring & prime factors
- Shape & geometry
- Data & graphing
- Word problems
- Children's stories
- Leveled Stories
- Context clues
- Cause & effect
- Compare & contrast
- Fact vs. fiction
- Fact vs. opinion
- Main idea & details
- Story elements
- Conclusions & inferences
- Sounds & phonics
- Words & vocabulary
- Reading comprehension
- Early writing
- Numbers & counting
- Simple math
- Social skills
- Other activities
- Dolch sight words
- Fry sight words
- Multiple meaning words
- Prefixes & suffixes
- Vocabulary cards
- Other parts of speech
- Cursive alphabet
- Cursive letters
- Cursive letter joins
- Cursive words
- Cursive sentences
- Cursive passages
- Grammar & Writing
- Word Problems
- Add / Subtract
Download & Print Only $7.90
Add / subtract word problems - more practice
Mixed word problem worksheets.
Word problem worksheets with a mix of addition and subtraction word problems. Mixed word problems help build real life math skills. Read the questions carefully!
These worksheets are available to members only.
Join K5 to save time, skip ads and access more content. Learn More
More word problem worksheets
Explore all of our math word problem worksheets , from kindergarten through grade 5.
What is K5?
K5 Learning offers free worksheets , flashcards and inexpensive workbooks for kids in kindergarten to grade 5. Become a member to access additional content and skip ads.
Our members helped us give away millions of worksheets last year.
We provide free educational materials to parents and teachers in over 100 countries. If you can, please consider purchasing a membership ($24/year) to support our efforts.
Members skip ads and access exclusive features.
Learn about member benefits
This content is available to members only.
- Forgot Password?
Worksheet on Word Problems on Addition and Subtraction
In 4th grade worksheet on word problems on addition and subtraction, all grade students can practice the questions on word problems based on addition and subtraction. This exercise sheet on addition and subtraction can be practiced by the students to get more ideas to solve the worksheet on word problems on addition and subtraction.
1. What is the sum of 40711 and 73412 and the difference of 82731 and 37128?
2. Find the number which is: (i) 53172 more than 64278 (ii) 53172 less than 64278 (iii) 1872 more than 23265 (iv) 1872 less than 23265
3. Find the number which exceeds
(i) 17319 by 1279 and (ii) 23735 by 2035. 4. (i) Which number should be added to 25483 to get the sum of 65785?
(ii) Which number should be subtracted from 52847 to get 22489?
5. How much smaller is 63512 than 94291? 6. Which is greater, 42929 or 91429 and by how much?
7. (i) Find the difference of the two sums, 14581 + 18541 and 23427 + 23243.
(ii) Find the sum of the two differences, 32309 – 23903 and 41724 – 31527.
8. A milk-dairy produces 25,545 litres of milk every day. It supplies 15,625 litres of milk to a milk-depot and the rest to the market. How much milk is supplied to the market?
9. The sum of two numbers is 94506. One of the numbers is 49605. Find the other number.
10. The sum of two numbers is 45000. One of the numbers is 22500. Find the other number. Which part of the sum is the given number?
17. Team A scored 478 runs in first innings and 345 runs in second innings. Team B scored 389 runs in first innings and 472 runs in second innings. Which team won the match and by how many runs?
Answer: Team B, 38 runs
18. Jenny reads 324 pages from her book on Saturday and 259 pages on Sunday. There are 876 pages in the book. How many more pages she has to read?
19. There are 96 flowers of red, yellow and white colors in a basket. If 21 flowers are red and 46 flowers are yellow, how many white flowers are there?
20. Monthly income of Shyam is $8000 and his monthly expenditure is $4690. Find out his monthly savings?
21. Rinku and Minku donated a total sum of $2894. If Rinku is donated $1750, find out the amount donated by Minku?
22. There are 7750 eggs in a shop. Out of these 3478 eggs were sold. How many eggs are left now?
23. A factory produced 7339 bulbs. Out of these 4599 bulbs were supplied to the distributors. How many bulbs are left now?
24. There are 9000 students in a school. If the number of boys are 6325. Find out the number of girls.
25. Mr. Bhanu ordered 7332 cups of ice-cream for his party. At the end of the party 3588 cups were left. How many cups of ice-cream did the guests have?
26. A farmer had 2250 sheep. He sold 1154 sheep. How many sheep are left with him?
27. Vibhu ran 2145 metres while Shyam ran 1766 meters. How many meters more did Vibhu run comparatively?
28. A sofa costs 3325 and a table costs 1575. What is the difference in their costs?
29. There were 4335 apples in a shop. If 2478 apples were sold. How many apples are left in the shop?
30. A company sold 5265 cars in January and 3468 cars in February. How many cars did company sell in these months?
31. Five labourers had to unload 3274 bags from truck. Till the evening they unloaded 1786 bags. How many bags are left to be unload?
If students have any queries regarding the questions in the worksheet on word problems on addition and subtraction please fill-up the below comment box so that we can help you. However, suggestions for further improvement, from all quarters would be greatly appreciated.
● Four Fundamental Operations - worksheets
Worksheet on Addition.
Worksheet on Word Problems on Addition.
Worksheet on Subtraction.
Worksheet on Mixed Addition and Subtraction.
Worksheet on Word Problems on Addition an d S ubtraction.
Worksheet by Adding or Subtracting.
Worksheet on Addition and Subtraction.
Worksheet on Estimating Sums and Differences.
Worksheet on Multiplication.
Worksheet on Multiplication of a Number by a 2-Digit Number.
Worksheet on Multiplication of a Number by a 3-Digit Number.
Worksheet on Estimating Products.
Worksheet on Word Problems on Multiplication.
Worksheet on Division.
Worksheet on Division Facts.
Worksheet on Estimating the Quotient.
Worksheet on Dividing Numbers.
Worksheet on Division by Two-Digit Numbers.
Worksheet on Word Problems on Division.
Worksheet on Four Fundamental Operations.
Worksheet on Systems of Numeration.
4th Grade Math Activities 4th Grade Math Worksheets From Worksheet on Word Problems on Addition and Subtraction to HOME PAGE
Didn't find what you were looking for? Or want to know more information about Math Only Math . Use this Google Search to find what you need.
- Preschool Activities
- Kindergarten Math
- 1st Grade Math
- 2nd Grade Math
- 3rd Grade Math
- 4th Grade Math
- 5th Grade Math
- 6th Grade Math
- 7th Grade Math
- 8th Grade Math
- 9th Grade Math
- 10th Grade Math
- 11 & 12 Grade Math
- Concepts of Sets
- Boolean Algebra
- Math Coloring Pages
- Multiplication Table
- Cool Maths Games
- Math Flash Cards
- Online Math Quiz
- Math Puzzles
- Binary System
- Math Dictionary
- Conversion Chart
- Homework Sheets
- Math Problem Ans
- Free Math Answers
- Printable Math Sheet
- Funny Math Answers
- Employment Test
- Math Patterns
- Link Partners
Months of the Year | List of 12 Months of the Year |Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr
Dec 01, 23 01:16 AM
Days of the Week | 7 Days of the Week | What are the Seven Days?
Nov 30, 23 10:59 PM
Types of Lines |Straight Lines|Curved Lines|Horizontal Lines| Vertical
Nov 30, 23 01:08 PM
© and ™ math-only-math.com. All Rights Reserved. 2010 - 2023.
- Chance & Data
- Fractions & Decimals
- Addition & Subtraction
- Comparing & Rounding
- Counting & Patterns
- Odd & Even
- Multiplication & Division
- Place Value
- Recognising Numbers
- Mixed Operations
- Money & Finance
- Shape, Location & Mapping
- - Addition & Subtraction
- - Comparing & Rounding
- - Counting & Patterns
- - Odd & Even
- - Multiplication & Division
- - Place Value
- - Recognising Numbers
- › Multiplication & Division
- › Mixed Operations
- Early Years
- Middle Primary
- Upper Primary
- Most popular
Maths / Numbers & Patterns / Word Problems / Addition & Subtraction
Browse our collection of addition and subtraction word problems with answer pages. These resources help teach real world examples of when we use addition and subtraction, and the key words that indicate addition and subtraction. Encourage students to highlight the important information in each word problem, including key words and figures. Addition key words include: ‘more’, ‘in all’, ‘total’, ‘altogether’. Subtraction key words include: ‘less’, ‘difference’, ‘minus’, ‘remain’. Learn different strategies to help solve word problems.
Use the filter above to narrow the results by resource type and/or grade level.
Problem Solving Poster Set
A set of posters showing the BUCKS process of solving word problems.
Problem Solving Operation Words Poster
A poster showing key words and phrase that mean addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
5-Digit Problems: Addition & Subtraction (4)
A set of 5-digit addition and subtraction word problems.
5-Digit Problems: Addition & Subtraction (3)
5-Digit Problems: Addition & Subtraction (2)
5-Digit Problems: Addition & Subtraction (1)
5-Digit Problems: Addition & Subtraction (5)
4-Digit Word Problems: Subtraction (5)
A set of 4-digit subtraction word problems.
4-Digit Word Problems: Subtraction (4)
4-Digit Word Problems: Subtraction (3)
4-Digit Word Problems: Subtraction (2)
4-Digit Word Problems: Subtraction (1)