Railroad Engineer Cover Letter Examples & Writing Tips
Use these Railroad Engineer cover letter examples and writing tips to help you write a powerful cover letter that will separate you from the competition.
Table Of Contents
- Railroad Engineer Example 1
- Railroad Engineer Example 2
- Railroad Engineer Example 3
- Cover Letter Writing Tips
Railroad engineers are responsible for the safe and efficient operation of trains. They must be able to work under pressure and be able to make quick decisions.
In order to be considered for a railroad engineer position, you’ll need to submit a well-written cover letter. Use these examples and tips to learn how to write a cover letter that will help you get the job.
Railroad Engineer Cover Letter Example 1
I am excited to be applying for the Railroad Engineer position at Rail Corp. I have more than 10 years of experience in the railroad industry and I possess the skills and qualifications you are looking for. I am confident that I would be an excellent addition to your team.
I have experience in all aspects of railroad engineering, from track maintenance to locomotive operations. I am also familiar with the latest safety regulations and procedures. I am a motivated and safety-conscious individual who takes pride in my work. I am always looking for ways to improve efficiency and safety on the railroad.
I am a team player who is able to work well under pressure. I am also comfortable working independently. I have a strong work ethic and I am always willing to go the extra mile to get the job done.
I am confident that I have the skills and qualifications you are looking for. I hope to have the opportunity to discuss my qualifications further with you in the near future. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Railroad Engineer Cover Letter Example 2
I am writing to apply for the Railroad Engineer position that was recently advertised on the company website. I am confident that I have the skills and qualifications that you are looking for, and I am eager to put my experience to work for your organization.
I have been working as a Railroad Engineer for the past three years and have gained a wealth of experience in the field. I am knowledgeable in all aspects of railroad engineering, from track maintenance to train operations. I am also familiar with federal and state regulations governing the railroad industry.
I am a hardworking and motivated individual who always strives to achieve the best results. I have a track record of success in the railroad industry, and I am confident that I can bring value to your organization. I am confident that I can be a valuable asset to your team, and I look forward to the opportunity to discuss this further with you.
Thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Railroad Engineer Cover Letter Example 3
I am writing to express my interest in the Railroad Engineer position that you have posted. I believe that my experience as a railroad engineer, coupled with my education and training, make me an excellent candidate for this position.
I have been a railroad engineer for the past 10 years. I started out as a trainee engineer on the Norfolk Southern Railroad, where I worked for three years. In 2004, I was promoted to engineer on the CSX Railroad. I have been working there ever since. I currently work out of the Atlanta, GA office.
I have extensive experience operating diesel-electric locomotives on both freight and passenger trains. I have operated locomotives ranging from 70 to 120 tons. I am also experienced in operating multiple types of locomotives, including GE Dash 8’s, EMD F40PH’s, and EMD SD70ACe’s.
I am also experienced in operating multiple types of locomotive control systems, including GE’s “Centrex” system and Wabtec’s “MicroLok” system. I am also familiar with the “MicroLok II” system, which is what your company uses.
In addition to my experience as a railroad engineer, I have also completed several courses related to railroad engineering. These include:
– Train Handling & Safety (CSX)
– Train Handling & Safety (Norfolk Southern)
– Train Handling & Safety (Wabtec)
– Train Handling & Safety (GE)
– Train Handling & Safety (CSX) – Train Handling & Safety (Norfolk Southern) – Train Handling & Safety (Wabtec) – Train Handling & Safety (GE) – Train Handling & Safety (CSX) I am also a certified first aid provider by the American Red Cross. This certification allows me to administer first aid to injured passengers or coworkers if necessary.
I would like to thank you for your time and consideration of my application. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Railroad Engineer Cover Letter Writing Tips
1. show your experience.
Employers want to see that you have the experience and qualifications necessary for the job. When writing your cover letter, be sure to highlight your experience in the railroad industry. This can be done by providing specific examples of projects you’ve worked on in the past or detailing the skills you have that are relevant to the position.
2. Use keywords
Railroad engineer positions require a specific set of skills and knowledge, so it’s important to use keywords that are relevant to the job in your cover letter. Some keywords you could use include:
- Project management
- Problem solving
- Technical skills
3. Demonstrate your passion for the job
Employers want to hire individuals who are passionate about their work and have a desire to learn. When writing your cover letter, be sure to demonstrate your passion for the railroad industry. This can be done by highlighting your experience in the industry, explaining why you’re interested in the job, or sharing any awards or recognition you’ve received for your work.
4. Proofread your cover letter
One of the best ways to make sure your cover letter is error-free is by proofreading it. Check for spelling mistakes, grammar errors, and incorrect information. Doing this will help ensure that you make a good impression on hiring managers and increase your chances of getting the job.
Banking Analyst Cover Letter Examples & Writing Tips
Senior property manager cover letter examples & writing tips, you may also be interested in..., supply chain manager cover letter examples, recovery support specialist cover letter examples & writing tips.
Cook Cover Letter Examples & Writing Tips
Ambulance driver cover letter examples & writing tips.
- Bipolar disorder
- Angel numbers
- Cover Letters
- Behavioural psychology
- cognitive development
- Psychological history and biographies
- psychology theories
- Enneagram type 1
- Enneagram type 2
- Workplace collaboration
Table of Contents
Cover letter examples for railroad jobs (5 samples)
As a BetterHelp affiliate, we may receive compensation from BetterHelp if you purchase products or services through the links provided.
The Optimistminds editorial team is made up of psychologists, psychiatrists and mental health professionals. Each article is written by a team member with exposure to and experience in the subject matter. The article then gets reviewed by a more senior editorial member. This is someone with extensive knowledge of the subject matter and highly cited published material.
This blog post will show samples of “cover letters for railroad jobs.”
Cover letter examples for railroad jobs
A great cover letter is important in your job search journey as it helps your employer identify who you are and what you can offer to the organization. When writing a railroad job cover letter, these are some of the important things to include in your letter:
- Address the employer with a formal salutation. For example, “Dear/Hello (name of the recipient).” If you do not know the name of the recipient, you can refer to them as the hiring manager.
- The next step is to state the position you are applying for and how you found the opening.
- Make a brief statement about why you’re interested in the position.
- State your skills and work experience. Ensure your skills and experiences are similar to the job position. When highlighting skills, provide the accomplishment you have achieved.
- Conclude your letter with a forward-looking statement. For example, “I look forward to discussing the position with you further.”
- Check your grammar and proofread your letter. It is a way of showing employers your ability to write comprehensive, error-free messages.
Sample 1: “Cover letter for a railroad job”
“Dear [recipient name],
I am excited to be applying for the Railroad Conductor position at the Santa Fe Railway. I have been a Railroad Conductor for the past 10 years and have experience in all aspects of the job, from switching cars in the yard to operating the locomotive. I am confident that I have the skills and experience that you are looking for and would be an asset to your team.
I pride myself on being a safe and efficient Railroad Conductor. I have never had an accident on the job and have been recognized by my supervisors for my attention to detail and for my commitment to safety. I am also knowledgeable about the rules and regulations governing the railroad industry and am able to enforce them consistently.
I am a team player and enjoy working with others. I have been a member of several safety committees and have helped to develop and implement safety procedures. I am also proficient in using computers and various other railroad software.
I am confident that I have the skills and experience that you are looking for and would be an asset to your team. I look forward to hearing from you soon with more information about the Railroad Conductor position at the Santa Fe Railway.
Sample 2: “Cover letter for a railroad job”
I am writing to apply for the Railroad Conductor position that was recently advertised on the company website. I am confident that I have the skills and experience that you are looking for, and I believe that I would be a valuable asset to your team.
I have been working as a Railroad Conductor for the past three years and have gained a great deal of experience in the industry. I am knowledgeable about all aspects of the job and am confident in my ability to safely transport passengers and cargo. I am also experienced in working with different types of locomotives and railcars.
In addition to my skills and experience, I am a hard-working and dedicated individual. I always strive to give my best to every task I undertake, and I aim to exceed expectations. I am a team player to the core, and I believe in working as a team to achieve great things. I also believe that people should treat others the way they want to be treated themselves.
I would like to thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Sample 3: “Cover letter for a railroad job”
“Dear hiring manager,
I am writing to express my interest in the Railroad Conductor position that you have posted. I believe that my experience as a railroad conductor, coupled with my education and training, makes me an excellent candidate for this position.
I have been working as a railroad conductor for the past five years. My experience has given me the opportunity to work with a variety of people from all walks of life. I have learned how to deal with difficult situations and how to remain calm under pressure. I have also learned how to manage my time effectively and how to prioritize tasks. These skills are essential for anyone who works in the transportation industry.
My education is another important factor that makes me a good candidate for this position. I hold a bachelor’s degree in business administration and management from the University of Michigan. This degree has helped me develop strong communication skills, which are necessary for any successful businessperson. It has also taught me how to analyze data and make sound decisions based on that data.
I would like to thank you for your consideration and look forward to hearing from you soon.”
Sample 4: “Cover letter for a railroad job”
“Dear Ms. Barrow:
When I read of your search for a new Train Driver to join your team at TrackWay, I quickly decided to submit my resume for your consideration. As a reliable, focused, and highly knowledgeable professional with more than 17 years of experience operating and maintaining freight trains while adhering to all guidelines and safety regulations, I am confident that I can make a solid contribution to this position.
My background spans excellent experience working aboard commercial freight trains to achieve on-time arrivals and ensure the proper functioning of all equipment and systems. Backed by my superior analytical and mechanical talents, I excel at maintaining exceptional levels of timeliness, compliance, and safety while swiftly resolving issues and concerns. In addition, my demonstrated ability to react calmly in unexpected situations—coupled with my sound decision-making skills—is certain to render me an immediate asset.
Highlights of my experience include…
Driving commercial freight trains from coast to coast, conducting daily safety and maintenance inspections to minimize delays and/or recoveries.
Performing preventive maintenance on trains, documenting all steps taken and utilizing standard and company-specific tools.
Performing train recovery in the automated system when necessary.
Participating in daily pass-down meetings to receive full updates on systems and trains prior to shift.
Operating freight, manual, and dual control switches, derails, air hoses, knuckles, and couplers.
Communicating regularly with central control for permissions, permits, deactivations, and clearance.
Completing numerous training programs and classes in topics such as Pneumatics, Schematics, CPR, Winter Storm Safety, Lock Out Tag Out, Tool Inventory, PPE, and Radio Protocol, among many others.
Demonstrating superior problem-solving and time management talents, as well as a proven ability to excel under pressure and in largely independent work environments.
With my extensive record of success as a train driver, I am well prepared to extend my record of service to your team at TrackWay. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this position and my qualifications with you in more detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Roger A. Webster’s”
Sample 5: “Cover letter for a railroad job”
FERRY International, LLC
Manchester, United Kingdom
Application for the position of Railway Engineer
Dear Hiring Managers,
I was pleased to discover that you are seeking to fulfill the Railway Engineer position within FERRY International, LLC as I believe that my qualifications make me a perfect candidate for the role. Moreover, I am confident that it would be the opportunity of a lifetime for me to apply my expertise and further grow both professionally and as a person.
As stated in my enclosed resume, I worked as a Railway Engineer at NJ Transit, Inc. for more than 4 years. There, I spent most of my time completing key electrical rail signal designs, producing detailed technical plans and drawings, and coordinating multiple railway projects from start to finish. Additionally, I supervised 20+ employees, generated reports, and executed multiple administrative duties as required. Throughout the years, I have proved numerous times that I am an effective leader and team player with exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to perform well under pressure. What is more, I have won the Employee of the Month Award twice for finishing all tasks and projects within budget and on time.
On top of my experience, I am a University of Leicester graduate with a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering. At the university, I was among the top 1% of students with the best academic results and I also represented the school at multiple international engineering competitions. Finally, I am experienced with all software programs necessary for the role, for instance, MS Office, Catia, and ATP/ATO Systems. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about my career history and qualities. I can be reached in confidentiality at 555-555-5555 or via email at [email protected]. Thank you for your time and consideration and I look forward to speaking with you shortly.
Frequently Asked Questions: Cover letter examples for railroad jobs
How do i write a cover letter for a train conductor.
“I am writing to express my interest in the Train Conductor position that you have posted. I believe that I would be a great fit for this position due to my extensive experience as a train conductor, and my ability to work well with others. I have been working as a train conductor for the past five years.”
How do u write an application letter?
How to write an application letter
- Research the company and job opening.
- Use a professional format.
- State the position you’re applying for.
- Explain why you’re the best fit for the job.
- Summarize your qualifications.
- Mention why you want the job.
If you like this blog post, please leave your comments and questions below.
Railroad Conductor Cover Letter Examples & Writing Tips
Was this helpful?
Related posts, cover letter for dnata equipment operator(5 samples), cover letter for underqualified(4 samples), cover letter for nq solicitor(5 samples).
support your career
get the interview & get the job
- Cover Letter
railroad engineer cover letter
The safe and effective operation of trains is the responsibility of railroad engineers. They must be capable of working under pressure and making prompt decisions.
You must send a strong cover letter with your application for a position as a railroad engineer in order to be taken into consideration. Learn how to write a cover letter that will help you land a job by following these examples and advice.
Privacy preference center Your privacy Necessary cookies Performance cookies Functional cookies Marketing cookies Your privacy
We care about your privacy
But what are cookies exactly? Cookies are small data files that are stored on your computer. Although this data is typically insufficient to directly identify you, it enables us to deliver a page customized to your unique needs and preferences.
We give you a lot of control over which cookies we use in your sessions because we value your right to privacy. To learn more and alter our default settings, click on any of the headings of the various category categories on the left.
However, keep in mind that disabling some cookie types may affect how you interact with our website. Finally, take note that in order to remember your cookie preferences, we will need to use a cookie. Necessary cookies Active.
These cookies are necessary for the operation of our website and cannot be disabled. We need them to provide services that you’ve asked for.
Want an example? When you log in to Kickresume, we use these cookies. Additionally, we use them to keep track of actions you’ve already taken, such as text you’ve already entered into a registration form, so it will still be there when you return to the page during the same session. Performance cookies.
These cookies allow us to track website traffic patterns and visitor numbers. This enables us to evaluate and enhance the functionality of our website and give you interesting content.
Performance cookies enable us to track how you and other visitors navigate the website and which pages are the most and least popular.
These cookies only gather aggregated data, which is entirely anonymous because it’s a statistic. We’ll be a little bit in the dark if you don’t allow us to use these cookies because we won’t be able to provide you with the content you might like. Functional cookies.
We can give you better functionality and personalization thanks to these cookies. They might be created by us or by third party service providers whose offerings we’ve integrated into our pages.
These cookies are used to provide you with a more customized experience based on your visit history and preferences. If you choose not to accept these cookies, these services might not function for you. Marketing cookies.
We use these cookies to recognize your browser and internet-connected device specifically. They allow us and our partners to create a profile of your interests and target you with special offers and relevant content.
However, these cookies enable some businesses to specifically target you with advertising on other websites. This is done to avoid bombarding you with a stream of pointless ads that you don’t care about and instead to present you with advertising that you might find interesting.
launch your career Copy and paste this sample cover letter for free, then edit it using our user-friendly cover letter creator.
Our skilled resume writers created this cover letter specifically for this profession.
Related resume guides and samples
I was happy to learn that you are looking to fill the position of Railway Engineer at FERRY International, LLC because I feel that my credentials make me a great fit for the position. Additionally, I am certain that it would be a once-in-a-lifetime chance for me to put my knowledge to use and continue to develop both professionally and personally.
My enclosed resume details my position as a railway engineer at NJ Transit, Inc. for more than 4 years. There, I primarily worked on completing significant electrical rail signal designs, creating in-depth technical plans and drawings, and managing numerous railway projects from inception to completion. I also managed 20 employees, produced reports, and carried out various administrative tasks as needed. I have repeatedly demonstrated over the years that I am an excellent team player and leader with exceptional problem-solving abilities and the capacity to work well under pressure. Additionally, I have twice received the Employee of the Month Award for completing all tasks and projects on schedule and within budget.
In addition to my experience, I also hold a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from the University of Leicester. At the university, I was among the top 1% of students with the best academic results and I also represented the school at multiple international engineering competitions Last but not least, I have experience with all software applications required for the position, including MS Office, Catia, and ATP/ATO Systems If you have any inquiries about my professional background and qualifications, don’t hesitate to get in touch with me. You can reach me in confidence by calling 555-555-5555 or sending an email to [email protected] . com. I appreciate you taking the time to read this, and I hope to speak with you soon.
Edit this sample using our resume builder.
Related engineering resume samples Engineering Technologist Resume Sample Mechanical Inspector Resume Sample Highway Engineer Resume Example
Join 2,000,000 job seekers globally and accelerate the hiring process with your strongest resume yet.
How to Write a SUCCESSFUL Cover Letter (for Mechanical Engineers)
- home care nurse cover letter
- script reader cover letter
- emergency manager cover letter
- Office Technician Cover Letter Examples & Samples for 2023
- Laboratory Analyst Cover Letter Example
- Quality Control Tech Cover Letter Examples
- quality assurance manager cover letter
- Credit Officer Cover Letter Examples & Samples for 2023
Domestic violence advocate cover letter examples & samples for 2023, store supervisor cover letter examples & samples for 2023, leave a reply cancel reply.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Railway Engineer CV example
Railway Engineer jobs are engaging and rewarding, but its not always easy to land one in today’s job market.
Check out this example Railway Engineer CV along with our simple CV writing guide, to help you create an impressive CV that will attract employers and land you plenty of job interviews.
Railway Engineer CV example
- CV layout and format
- Your CV profile
- Work experience
This is a good example of a Railway Engineer CV which contains all of the information that a hiring manager will need to know, and presents it in a well- structured, easy-to-read manner.
Take some time to study and understand this CV, and refer to it throughout the writing of your own CV for best results.
Railway Engineer CV layout and format
First impressions count, so a sloppy, disorganised CV may cause your CV to be overlooked..
Instead, perfect the format and structure of your CV by working to a clear logical structure and applying some simple formatting tricks to ease readability.
Don’t underestimate the importance of this step; if your CV lacks readability, your written content won’t even be seen.
CV formatting tips
- Length: Think that submitting a five page CV will impress recruiters? You’re wrong! Even if you’ve got tons of experience to brag about, recruiters don’t have time to read through overly detailed CVs. Keep it short, concise and relevant – a CV length of 2 sides of A4 pages or less is perfect.
- Readability : Make sure your CV is easy to read and looks professional by applying some simple formatting tricks. Bullet points are great for making large paragraphs more digestible, while formatting your headings with bold or coloured text will help the reader to find the information they need, with speed.
- Design: While it’s okay to add your own spin to your CV, avoid overdoing the design. If you go for something elaborate, you might end up frustrating recruiters who, above anything, value simplicity and clarity.
- Avoid photos: Don’t add photos, images or profile photos to your CV. Not only do they take up much-needed CV space, but they’re actually completely unnecessary and won’t boost your CV at all.
Quick tip: Formatting your CV to look professional can be difficult and time-consuming when using Microsoft Word or Google Docs. If you want to create an attractive CV quickly, try our partner’s CV builder and use one of their eye-catching professional CV templates.
As you write your CV , work to the simple but effective structure below:
- Name and contact details – Pop them at the top of your CV, so it’s easy for recruiters to contact you.
- CV profile – Write a snappy overview of what makes you a good fit for the role; discussing your key experience, skills and accomplishments.
- Core skills section – Add a short but snappy list of your relevant skills and knowledge.
- Work experience – A list of your relevant work experience, starting with your current role.
- Education – A summary of your relevant qualifications and professional/vocational training.
- Hobbies and interests – An optional sections, which you could use to write a short description of any relevant hobbies or interests.
Now I’ll tell you exactly what you should include in each CV section.
CV Contact Details
Write your contact details in the top corner of your CV, so that they’re easy to find but don’t take up too much space.
You only need to list your basic details, such as:
- Mobile number
- Email address
- Location – Don’t list your full address. Your town or city, such as ‘Norwich’ or ‘Coventry’ is perfect.
- LinkedIn profile or portfolio URL – Remember to update these before listing them on an application.
Railway Engineer CV Profile
Recruiters and hiring managers are busy, so it’s essential to catch their attention from the get-go.
A strong introductory profile (or personal statement , for junior candidates) at the top of the CV is the first thing they’ll read, so it’s a great chance to make an impression.
It should be a short but punchy summary of your key skills, relevant experience and accomplishments.
Ultimately, it should explain why you’re a great fit for the role you’re applying for and inspire recruiters to read the rest of your CV.
Tips for creating an strong CV profile:
- Keep it concise: The best CV profiles are short, sharp and highly relevant to the target role. For this reason, it’s best to write 3-4 lines of high-level information, as anything over might be missed.
- Tailor it: Before writing your CV, make sure to do some research. Figure out exactly what your desired employers are looking for and make sure that you are making those requirements prominent in your CV profile, and throughout.
- Don’t add an objective: Leave your career objectives or goals out of your profile. You only have limited space to work with, so they’re best suited to your cover letter .
- Avoid cliches: “Determined team player who always gives 110%” might seem like a good way to fill up your CV profile, but generic phrases like this won’t land you an interview. Recruiters hear them time and time again and have no real reason to believe them. Instead, pack your profile with your hard skills and tangible achievements.
Example CV profile for Railway Engineer
What to include in your railway engineer cv profile.
- Summary of experience: To give employers an idea of your capabilities, show them your track record by giving an overview of the types of companies you have worked for in the past and the roles you have carried out for previous employers – but keep it high level and save the details for your experience section.
- Relevant skills: Make your most relevant Railway Engineer key skills clear in your profile. These should be tailored to the specific role you’re applying for – so make sure to check the job description first, and aim to match their requirements as closely as you can.
- Essential qualifications: If you have any qualifications which are highly relevant to Railway Engineer jobs, then highlight them in your profile so that employers do not miss them.
Quick tip: Struggling to write a powerful profile? Choose from hundreds of pre-written profiles across all industries, and add one to your CV with one click in our partner’s CV builder. All written by recruitment experts and easily tailored to suit your unique skillset.
Core skills section
Underneath your profile, write a core skills section to make your most relevant skills jump off the page at readers.
It should be made up of 2-3 columns of bullet points of your relevant skills.
Before you do this, look over the job description and make a list of any specific skills, specialisms or knowledge required.
Then, make sure to use your findings in your list. This will paint you as the perfect match for the role.
Quick tip: Our partner’s CV builder contains thousands of in-demand skills for every profession that can be added to your CV in seconds – saving you time and greatly improving your chances of landing job interviews.
Work experience/Career history
By now, you’ll have hooked the reader’s attention and need to show them how you apply your skills and knowledge in the workplace, to benefit your employers.
So, starting with your most recent role and working backwards to your older roles, create a thorough summary of your career history to date.
If you’ve held several roles and are struggling for space, cut down the descriptions for your oldest jobs.
Structuring your roles
If you don’t pay attention to the structure of your career history section, it could quickly become bulky and overwhelming.
Get in recruiters’ good books by creating a pleasant reading experience, using the 3-step structure below:
Provide a brief overview of the job as a whole, such as what the overriding purpose of your job was and what type of company you worked for.
Follow with a snappy list of bullet points, detailing your daily duties and responsibilities.
Tailor it to the role you’re applying for by mentioning how you put the target employer’s desired hard skills and knowledge to use in this role.
Lastly, add impact by highlight 1-3 key achievements that you made within the role.
Struggling to think of an achievement? If it had a positive impact on your company, it counts.
For example, you might increased company profits, improved processes, or something simpler, such as going above and beyond to solve a customer’s problem.
Quick tip: Create impressive job descriptions easily in our partner’s CV builder by adding pre-written job phrases for every industry and career stage.
At the bottom of your CV is your full education section. You can list your formal academic qualifications, such as:
As well as any specific Railway Engineer qualifications that are essential to the jobs you are applying for. Note down the name of the qualification, the organisation at which you studied, and the date of completion.
Interests and hobbies
This section is entirely optional, so you’ll have to use your own judgement to figure out if it’s worth including.
If your hobbies and interests could make you appear more suitable for your dream job, then they are definitely worth adding.
Interests which are related to the industry, or hobbies like sports teams or volunteering, which display valuable transferable skills might be worth including.
Writing your Railway Engineer CV
When putting together your Railway Engineer CV, there are a few key points to remember
Always tailor your CV to the target role, even if it means creating several versions for different roles.
Additionally, remember that the structure and format of your CV needs just as much attention as the content.
Remember to triple-check for spelling and grammar errors before hitting send. If you’re unsure, use our partner’s CV builder to add pre-written expert content with one click.
Good luck with your job search!
Privacy preference center
We care about your privacy
But what exactly are cookies? Cookies are small bits of information which get stored on your computer. This information usually isn’t enough to directly identify you, but it allows us to deliver a page tailored to your particular needs and preferences.
Because we really care about your right to privacy, we give you a lot of control over which cookies we use in your sessions. Click on the different category headings on the left to find out more, and change our default settings.
However, remember that blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience of our website. Finally, note that we’ll need to use a cookie to remember your cookie preferences.
Without these cookies our website wouldn’t function and they cannot be switched off. We need them to provide services that you’ve asked for.
Want an example? We use these cookies when you sign in to Kickresume. We also use them to remember things you’ve already done, like text you’ve entered into a registration form so it’ll be there when you go back to the page in the same session.
Thanks to these cookies, we can count visits and traffic sources to our pages. This allows us to measure and improve the performance of our website and provide you with content you’ll find interesting.
Performance cookies let us see which pages are the most and least popular, and how you and other visitors move around the site.
All information these cookies collect is aggregated (it’s a statistic) and therefore completely anonymous. If you don’t let us use these cookies, you’ll leave us in the dark a bit, as we won’t be able to give you the content you may like.
We use these cookies to uniquely identify your browser and internet device. Thanks to them, we and our partners can build a profile of your interests, and target you with discounts to our service and specialized content.
On the other hand, these cookies allow some companies target you with advertising on other sites. This is to provide you with advertising that you might find interesting, rather than with a series of irrelevant ads you don’t care about.
Railway Engineer Resume Sample
Enhance your career prospects and find ideas for your resume with our free, carefully composed Railway Engineer resume sample. Download this resume sample for free or rewrite it directly in our easy-to-use resume maker.
Related resume guides and samples
The aerospace engineer’s guide to writing an excellent resume
How to build a jaw-dropping CAD designer resume
How to build a great chemical engineer resume
How to craft an effective civil engineer resume
How to write an effective electrical engineer resume
The ultimate guide to writing a mechanical engineer resume
Write a job-winning production manager resume in 5 steps
How to craft a compelling QA engineer resume?
How to build a professional quality engineer resume
Railway Engineer Resume Sample (Full Text Version)
Technically sophisticated and hard-working Railway Engineer with over 7 years of experience in designing and site engineering work in Railway Signaling Field and others. A systematic, enthusiastic, and organized professional offering sound mathematical and analytical skills. Through the experience became an effective team leader and motivator with good interpersonal skills. Currently seeking a challenging position and wants to be a part of a growth-oriented organization.
- Sound knowledge of project management, work management systems and train controlling systems
- Excellent general project IT management skills
- Outstanding working knowledge and experience within the railway environment
- Acted as an effective manager of coordination and productivity of subordinates.
- Constantly provided technical guidance to less experienced engineers.
- Worked closely with other disciplines and multi-discipline projects to ensure the smooth running of the projects.
- Completed key electrical rail signal designs with minimal direction.
- Led the preparation of design details, plans, and drawings within assigned task areas.
- Supervised, scheduled, and checked work of project team members.
- Worked closely with other disciplines on multi-discipline projects.
- Managed productivity of subordinates and on time, on-budget projects.
Key Contributions & Responsibilities:
- Had full responsibility of the vertical, horizontal, and cross-section design of light rail, commuter rail, and freight rail projects.
- Prepared standard engineering computations, material quality takeoffs, estimates, and designs to the full satisfaction of the organization well ahead of the deadline.
- Management and issuing of the specifications of the projects, datasheets, and construction documents.
- Development and management of scope, schedule, and budget tasks.
- Determined the scope of procurement work and monitored progress to maintain procurement schedule.
- Applied broad knowledge of rail engineering principles and practices to ensure the security of the railways.
- Responsible for all technical aspects of the engineering functions of the projects including coordination of technical disciplines among the teams and controlling equipment.
Professional Engineer Certification (PE), London, UK, 2007
Milan Šaržík, CPRW
Milan’s work-life has been centered around job search for the past three years. He is a Certified Professional Résumé Writer (CPRW™) as well as an active member of the Professional Association of Résumé Writers & Careers Coaches (PARWCC™). Milan holds a record for creating the most career document samples for our help center – until today, he has written more than 500 resumes and cover letters for positions across various industries. On top of that, Milan has completed studies at multiple well-known institutions, including Harvard University, University of Glasgow, and Frankfurt School of Finance and Management.
Edit this sample using our resume builder.
Let your resume write itself — with ai..
Similar job positions
Mechanical Engineer Electrical Engineer Plumber Civil Engineer Production Manager Chemical Engineer QA Engineer Quality Engineer Construction Worker Painter CAD Designer Electrician
Related construction worker resume samples
Related mechanical engineer cover letter samples
Let your resume do the work.
Join 3,600,000 job seekers worldwide and get hired faster with your best resume yet.
- Resume Experts
- Search Jobs
- Search for Talent
- Employer Branding
- Resume Samples
Rail Engineer Resume Samples
The guide to resume tailoring.
Guide the recruiter to the conclusion that you are the best candidate for the rail engineer job. It’s actually very simple. Tailor your resume by picking relevant responsibilities from the examples below and then add your accomplishments. This way, you can position yourself in the best way to get hired.
Craft your perfect resume by picking job responsibilities written by professional recruiters
Pick from the thousands of curated job responsibilities used by the leading companies, tailor your resume & cover letter with wording that best fits for each job you apply.
Create a Resume in Minutes with Professional Resume Templates
- Horizontal, vertical, and cross section design of light rail, subway, commuter rail, and freight rail
- Retaining wall design
- Track drainage design
- Prepares standard engineering computations, material quality takeoffs, estimates, surveys, and designs
- Prepares detailed requisitions for equipment and materials
- Prepares and issues specifications, data sheets, and other construction documents
- Design and engineering of transit railway sections, horizontal and vertical alignments
- Supports development and management of scope, schedule and budget for tasks or projects
- Assist in determining the scope of procurement work, schedules, and budgets for assigned project buy outs, monitoring progress to maintain procurement schedule
- Prepare technical reports and documentation of activity for the client and project management
- May manage a subtask of a larger project or study in accordance with contractual obligations
- Expedite the distribution of action items following discussions/meetings with the client and Project Manager
- Applies broad knowledge of principles and practices in specific area
- Responsible for the technical aspects of the engineering functions of the project including coordination of technical disciplines, procurement of materials and equipment
- Prepare fee proposal and agree with Director for submission to client, including resources and programme
- Act as Project Manager (once accredited) as necessary
- Manage the workload and technical and commercial management of a small team
- Undertake Health & Safety duties including ensuring a safe and healthy working environment for the project team members and fulfilling all responsibilities for health and safety in design
- Manage the preparation of client reports, bringing together the contributions from other specialist areas of the business Deliver projects within timescale, budget constraints and quality expectations
- Manage the tender process for the appointment of contractors
- Respond to design queries during construction phase and attend site meetings
- Registered Professional Engineer in CA
- 6+ years’ experience in transportation engineering, including design for freight rail or passenger transit facilities
- Experience in the following technical areas
- Experience with AutoCAD and MicroStation
- O Vertical and horizontal rail alignments,
- Tertiary civil engineering qualification or similar; or equivalent experience
- Highly proficient project estimating acumen, with experience in tender proposal and submission
- Sound working knowledge and experience within a rail infrastructure environment is desirable
- A sound working knowledge of project management, works management systems and software applications such as SAP / Project Systems, Primavera, MS Project and Hard Dollar
- Excellent general IT skills across the MS Office suite
15 Rail Engineer resume templates
Read our complete resume writing guides
How to tailor your resume, how to make a resume, how to mention achievements, work experience in resume, 50+ skills to put on a resume, how and why put hobbies, top 22 fonts for your resume, 50 best resume tips, 200+ action words to use, internship resume, killer resume summary, write a resume objective, what to put on a resume, how long should a resume be, the best resume format, how to list education, cv vs. resume: the difference, include contact information, resume format pdf vs word, how to write a student resume, solutions engineer, live rail resume examples & samples.
- Deeply understand the LiveRail Platform and underlying implementation
- Troubleshoot partner technical issues in real-‐time
- Manage the relationship with the publishers' technical team
- Strong technical aptitude with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts
- Ability to multi-‐task and prioritize effectively in a fast-‐paced environment
Solutions Engineer Live Rail, Hamburg Resume Examples & Samples
- Engage with potential publishers to understand their business objectives and demonstrate the value proposition of LiveRail + Facebook
- Deliver customized pre-‐sales technical presentations and product demonstrations to existing and potential customers
- Propose and manage technical implementation of the LiveRail platform and custom solutions
- Assist in the development of RFP responses and drive to close sales opportunities
- Help our publishers implement existing or pre-‐release aspects of Facebook Platform within their products by teaching, consulting, and providing code examples
- Conduct impact analysis and support the launch of new LiveRail Products
- Demonstrate a consultative and analytical approach with focus on building partnerships
Senior Rail Engineer Resume Examples & Samples
- Determine the need for and attend project progress meetings
Senior Rail Signal Engineer Resume Examples & Samples
- Has built a career designing and implementing vital and non-vital signal systems in Class I and rail transit markets over the last 10 years or more
- Has personally designed signal systems with the latest technology and standards and has significant hands-on experience in the implementation and certification of said technology for use on the US rail systems
- Has developed a reputation and has relationships with clients as a strong team leader with high integrity and professionalism
- Understands and is able to balance the need for high quality product with the need to train and develop staff and working with others in a team environment
- Has the ability to push for process, self, and industry improvement at all times
- Works collaboratively with division rail engineering staff and other practice centers around the firm on large, complex projects. Coordinates project priorities, staffing schedules, and staff assignments to ensure clients are provided the best design capabilities to meet their needs
- O Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
Structural Rail Engineer Resume Examples & Samples
- Responsible for structural designs
- Responsible for productivity of the team's on time, on budget projects
- Involves diversified work within general procedures, requiring frequent judgment and initiative
- Only exceptional cases outside general procedures referred to supervisor
- Performing investigative analyses toward completion of assigned design tasks
- Developing and checking rail transit/structural design calculations
- Developing plans, specifications, and inspection reports as needed to see that these items are complete, accurate, and in accordance with good engineering practice
- Developing plans, specifications and reports
- Usually involves diversified work within the rail transit/structural design calculations field requiring frequent judgment and initiative
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering with at least 4 years of experience in rail design
- MTA (NYCT, LIRR, MNR) NJT and Port Authority project experience highly desired
- NY State PE desired, not required
System Lead Engineer for Rail Vehicles Resume Examples & Samples
- Technical Lead and System Engineering for retrofit projects on a vehicle level
- Define and manage functional system requirements and RAMS
- Take responsibility and technical lead for the design of traction chain, electrical systems and subsystems
- Specify components and define/ clarify technical requirements with suppliers
- Prepare technical documentation, specifications and analyzes
- Support our sales department during concept and tender phases
- Act as a reviewer of technical design documents and ensure compliance with customer requirements
Graduate Rail Engineer Resume Examples & Samples
- Assist the Rail team by developing good working relationships with clients during the delivery of projects
- Develop good relations with the Rail team, broader Transportation group and cross multiple business areas and locations
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related disciplines
- Take responsibility for all aspects of client and design-team management of commuter, shortline, freight, transit and class-one rail projects
- Coordinate the planning and environmental process; manage the assembly of plans, specifications and construction estimate packages
- Serve as a technical expert with recognized authority in an area of specialization that resolves problems of greater scope and complexity while planning and developing projects or designing activities that have significant impact on major company programs
- Be able to plan, organize and supervise work of medium to large staff of professionals and technicians
- Serve as Project Manager on larger projects as needed; project management is not sole focus of position
- Serve as a high-level point of contact between the client and HDR
- 10+ years experience in railway engineering and managing complex multidisciplinary railway projects
- Skilled in technical report writing, communicating including presenting to clients and the public
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team on railway projects
- Proficient in CADD design, MicroStation experience
- Computer literate with MS Office (Word, Excel, Project)
Light Rail Change Engineer Resume Examples & Samples
- The Change Engineer reports to the Project Manager(s) and works with Engineering, Production, and Commissioning to ensure that changes are effectively and economically implemented
- Acts as technical coordinator for commissioning site leads
- Change Engineer ensures that manufacturing problems become engineering releases (ECR’s) and when necessary become engineering change notices (ECN’s) and field modification instructions (FMI’s)
- Attends shop floor meetings as necessary to maintain awareness of production issues
- Validates that a change makes economic sense. (DTC measures/ positive ROI)
- Leads Engineering Change Board as necessary
Rail Engineer Resume Examples & Samples
- An Engineer-in-Training (EIT) Certificate may be required
- Working knowledge of CAD and other PC software packages typically associated with engineering
- Experience with light rail transit systems (Sound Transit preferred; other comparable rail systems would include: TriMet, UTA, LA Metro, Phoenix Valley Metro Rail and equivalent.)
- Experience with Class I railroad and/or transit agencies desired
- Completes a variety of assignments such as drawings, specifications, and other materials suitable for procurement and construction purposes, utilizing CAE/CAD as applicable
- Reviews small and portions of larger supplier drawing submittals and assists in performing technical bid analyses
- 3-5 years of related work experience in rail and transit engineering design
- Maintains affiliation with related professional societies (AREMA, APTA) to keep abreast of current technologies
Principal Rail Engineer Resume Examples & Samples
- Taking technical ownership of activities that will include the preparation of design solutions for rail infrastructure at preliminary, tender, and detailed design stages
- Lead and develop teams of Graduates, Engineers and Technicians in preparing design solutions for rail projects at preliminary, tender, and detailed design stages
- Programme, financial and technical responsibility for design services
- First point of contact for customers, contractors and other external organisations
- Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Engineering Technology tertiary qualification
- Chartered or working towards Professional Engineer status
- Strong expertise in design, rail/transit design codes(NZ & Australia) and working in a consultancy environment
- Track record in project management and ability to work with a variety of stakeholders
- Sound analytical ability along with a strong attention to quality and accuracy
Civil Engineer Roads / Rail Resume Examples & Samples
- Working on a wide range of roads/highways and other transport infrastructure projects from concept through to detailed level
- Lead/ensure the successful delivery (technical, schedule and cost) of the civil design services on transport projects
- Prepare technical reports and specifications
- Strong interest in railroad design
- Demonstrated hands-on experience using AutoCAD and MicroStation required
- Experience using InRoads, InRail, and/or Geopak required
- MS with emphasis in railroad engineering preferred
- Preference given to local candidates
Rail Project Engineer Resume Examples & Samples
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, or related discipline
- Knowledge of rail or roadway design criteria
- At least 6 years of experience
- Experience with Microstation and/or AutoCadd
- Strong Communication Skills
- Experience in the design Passenger Rail, Freight Rail and/or Transit Rail projects is desired
- California PE, or ability to obtain California licensure
- Lead engineering production team in specialized designs including: basemap preparation, demolition, surface modeling, grading, drainage, railroad track, roadway, utility protection/installation, lighting, fire systems, yard compressed air systems, fencing, striping and pavement
- Coordinate production, direct staff, design reviews, quality control, document preparation and client relations
- Ability to lead engineering production team in specialized seaport and rail-related designs including
- 12+ years' experience preferred
Rail Engineer / EIT Resume Examples & Samples
- Serve in a technical role, under the direction of a Project Engineer or Project Manager
- Prepare detailed engineering designs for rail projects
- Take responsibility for project involvement, ranging from site feasibility analysis to final design and through the construction phase
- Perform other duties as needed. Keyword(s), Rail Engineer, Rail EIT, job #145722, *LI, MP1
- 3+ years experience in transportation design, preferably in rail engineering
- EIT and on track to PE is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated hands-on experience using AutoCAD, MicroStation, InRoads and InRail
- Must be able to work both independently and in a team setting
- MS Office software experience
- Excellent oral and written communication and project management skills
- Candidates who reside locally in the Boston area are preferred
Senior Rail Signalling Engineer Resume Examples & Samples
- Produce Rail Systems Engineering design / consultancy for projects
- Provide Signalling Systems consultancy for projects
- Coordinate and liaise with external parties in producing engineering deliverables
- Manage the production of drawings, plans, reports and other deliverables
- Communicate with clients to establish their needs
- Relevant Degree in Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience working for a railway signalling supplier
- Either experience in CBTC (GoA4 highly preferred) in design or integration roles, or in ETCS in design or integration roles
- Experience working in Asia
- Product development experience, either software or hardware
- RAMS and Systems Assurance capabilities. Knowledge of EN standards
- Language skills/fluency in Asian languages other than English are highly preferred, especially Japanese
- Good knowledge of Engineering Safety Management (The Yellow Book / iESM)
- Capability / experience working in ISA/IV&V roles
- Experience in O&M
- Able to demonstrate strong engineering skills and knowledge
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines is essential
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills
- Highly motivated and willing to take on new challenges
- Supporting the firm’s compliance in maintaining ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 requirement
- Other relevant duties as required
Rail Field Review Engineer Resume Examples & Samples
- Providing on site surveillance to ensure that the construction methods and procedures support the design intent
- Liaising with the Engineer of Record to ensure that the design intent is achieved through all phases of construction
- Addressing any NCRs, field design changes and deficiencies in the ITP program
- Developing all standardized field reporting efforts as directed by the Engineer of Record
- Understanding trends and best practices in rail engineering discipline
- Independently evaluates, selects, and adapts, standard techniques, procedures, and criteria
- Acquires general knowledge of principles and practices of related fields and ability to function on smaller multidisciplinary teams
- Works on projects of small size or portions of larger projects
- Supports preparation of written plans and reports
- BS degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- 6+ years’ experience in transportation engineering, including design for freight rail or passenger transit facilities
Senior Engineer, Rail-uk Resume Examples & Samples
- Ability to analyse complex data, draw conclusions, produce reports and make recommendations to senior management
- Plan, implement and manage projects to deliver to time, budget and quality
- Manage multidisciplinary teams to deliver effective performance
- Profficient with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Knowledge of safety legislation and operating rules and regulations
- Ability to undertake quality inspections and site investigations
- Knowledge of risk management principles
- Evidence of managing Civil/Structural Engineering designers, coordination of multi-disciplines requirements with the development of civil engineering and multi-discipline solutions
- Knowledge of good industry practice
- Proven ability to provide professional and technical advice, guidance and support on design and construction issues
- Regeneration of railway properties
- First degree (MEng or BEng) in Civil Engineering
- Facilitating project preliminary and transition activities – engaging subcontractors, compiling all project management plans, HSE and quality documentation
- Identifying project competency requirements and capturing worker competencies utilising a skills matrix
- Monitoring and coordinating project activities, programming workload and providing technical and administrative guidance to project staff to ensure aims and objectives are effectively and economically achieved
- Forecasting and reporting upon project execution progress, project budgets, cash flow status, including work in progress (WIP), cost accruals, costs to complete, project scope of work growth and variation claims
- Liaising with key project stakeholders to ensure project delivery dates and key milestones are completed on time and within budget. With verification by performing weekly project reviews on committed scheduled dates, resource requirements
- Ensuring project safety, environmental and quality procedures are followed, including creating/reviewing JSAs and risk assessments, presenting toolbox talks, record keeping and site safety audits/inspections
- Demonstrated management and organisational skills
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to work flexibly and adaptively in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders
Rail & Tranist Systems Intergration Engineer Resume Examples & Samples
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in Transit system designs or Systems Integration
- Experience in Railroad signaling/wayside, traction power, and communications validation testing
- Demonstrated initiative, drive, leadership, communication, & interpersonal skills
- Excellent organization and planning skills – document control and reporting
- Computer literate; MS Office, MS Project or Primavera, Rational ReqPro or Doors, etc
- Self-motivated, must work well with others
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or similar
- STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities
- Analyse complex data, draw conclusions, produce reports and make recommendations to senior management
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with people at all levels across the organisation and externally
- Build effective working relationships, with people at all levels across the organisation and externally and to influence
- Assist in planning, implementing and managing projects to deliver to time, budget and quality
- Work in multidisciplinary teams to deliver effective performance
- Use office based computer packages, e.g. MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) to basic level
- Evidence of working with Civil/Structural Engineering designers, co-ordination of multi-disciplines requirements with the development of civil engineering and multi-discipline solutions
- Understanding of safety legislation and operating rules and regulations
- Capability to undertake quality inspections and site investigations
- Knowledge of LUL Standards and processes
- Understanding of risk management principles
- Knowledge of contractual arrangements that apply
- Previous experience of working as a Project Engineer with a team on complex high value projects
- Provide professional and technical advice, guidance and support on design and construction issues
- Experience of project delivery in structural or civil area
- Carry out technical document review and analysis
- Experience in underground railways
- Build relationships with, and influencing, a range of people at all levels within and outside the organisation
- Chartered Member of the ICE or IStructE
- Graduate Member of the ICE or IStructE with post graduate design experience
- First degree (MEng or BEng) in civil engineering,
- A post-graduate qualification (MSc or PhD) is desirable
- Graduate Member of the ICE or IStructE with extensive post graduate design experience
Senior Rail Structural Engineer Resume Examples & Samples
- Providing high quality rail vehicle systems engineering and project support on multiple projects focused on mechanical systems
- Providing professional level of service at all points of contact with the client, including email, phone and face to face meetings
- Delivering output in line with the quality standards of SNCL
- Achieving on-time task deliverables
- Building organizational knowledge of rail system technology, regulations, requirements, and guidelines
- Supporting proposal development as assigned
- Pursuing professional development in industry areas and technical knowledge
- Following business policies, protocols and procedures
- Working well in a team environment where team members may not necessarily be co-located
- Computer literacy to a professional standard in relation to word processing and spreadsheets, including competency in databases and project management tools
- The Senior Engineer may be required to lead projects and coordinate the efforts of others within the team, including associates and sub-contractors
- The Senior Engineer is expected to provide day-to-day guidance to SNCL team members in their areas of specialization and knowledge and provide mentoring of Engineers-In-Training
- Develop the scope of engineering work, schedules, and budgets for assigned project elements, and monitor progress to meet schedule and budget requirements
- Identify and document changes in scope
- Interface with procurement and subcontract personnel to facilitate the bid process
- Coordinate the utilization of interdisciplinary technical personnel on the project with other Project Engineers
- Coordinate the assignment of personnel from other technical support groups within the company
- Assist the Project Manager in planning, directing, supervising, and controlling the execution of technical, fiscal, and administrative functions of the project or study
- Assist in determining the technical skills and staff hours required for successful completion of the project
- Ensure client criteria and scope are met by all engineering disciplines
- Obtain, analyze, and circulate technical and contractual information to project disciplines
- Integrate the various engineering, scheduling, procurement, construction, and start-up aspects of a small project
- Support the identification of resource needs across divisions to complete tasks or projects
- Experience with traditional and alternative project delivery
- Knowledge of current technology and be able to select and apply appropriate engineering software for use on project
- Professional engineering registration would be an asset
Rail Structural Engineer Resume Examples & Samples
- Work with department senior engineers developing structural designs and calculations, reviewing work prepared by others, developing and reviewing structural design concepts, plans, sections, details and sketches
- Developing project specifications and monitoring, managing and leading projects
- Assist with construction phase design services including bidding support, shop drawing review and responding to requests for information
- Preparing designs, specifications, technical documents, and capital cost estimates
- Performing field assignments including structural condition inspections for facilities and equipment
- Ability to handle multiple, concurrently developing projects with different clients and ability to work other departments and take on increased responsibilities is a must
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and management skills are required
- Bachelors Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering or Architectural Engineering
- Masters Degree in Structural Engineering is a plus
- At least 7 years experience in the design of structural engineering systems for industrial, commercial, and transportation facilities
- Design experience must include design effort utilizing current IBC, ASCE, AISC, ACI and TMS codes and manuals
- Must exhibit proficiency using structural design software such as RISA 3D, STAAD.PRO and RAM or similar, with RISA 3D preferred
- Proficiency using other design software such as RISA SUITE, ENERCALC, TEDS, etc., is a plus
- Proficiency using Autodesk AUTOCAD and REVIT software
- Proficiency using Microsoft Excel for design efforts as well as other Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with specification software such as MASTERSPEC and MASTERWORKS is a plus
Rail System Project Engineer Resume Examples & Samples
- Develops moderately complex new applications based on the project requirements document and an understanding of client needs
- May lead small projects of limited scope and complexity
- Designs user interfaces for web-based applications based on an understanding of data use and client need
- Provides user support and solves moderately complex technical problems with legacy applications or systems
- Meets with business and technology staff to understand and document system requirements
- Thoroughly documents and tests all work produced
- Develops programming specifications, logic flow charts and process diagrams
- Codes, tests, debugs and refines programs on multiple applications at a moderate difficulty level. May review work performed by junior staff
- Continually evaluates work processes and contributes to technology, methodology and process standards
- Civil Engineering degree or equivalent
- Membership and chartered status of IEAust or equivalent
- RPEQ accreditation or ability to obtain
- Experience in an engineering or consulting environment with rail project delivery experience
- Maintains awareness of technical standards and developments within the industry
- Experience on construction sites as design support or construction supervision. Competent in various site roles
- Demonstrated experience in a mixture of consulting and contracting environments, and engineering including production of design drawings during or for feasibility, surveys, site supervision and outline detailed design
- Good awareness of the multi-disciplinary project skills interacting with their own field
- Experience of a range of consultancy assignments within both light and heavy Rail projects
- Experience in Plain line and Switch & Crossing
- Commitment to training and professional development in the broadest sense
- Sound understanding of the issues affecting the construction and operation of a safe railway
- Detailed understanding of multiple design, document and delivery software platforms. Bentley Rail Track and Microstation highly desirable
- Proven track record in delivering rail infrastructure projects on time, to budget and to the Clients' satisfaction
Related Job Titles
404 Not found
Rail Engineer Resume Sample
The resume builder.
Create a Resume in Minutes with Professional Resume Templates
- Play a significant role in developing GHD’s rail business in Victoria and nationally
- Assess market trends and develop strategies to respond to Client and project requirements
- Provision of rail engineering / design input into projects as required and management of engineering and support staff in this area
- Assist in strategic recruitment and provide oversight, mentoring of rail engineering team in Victoria
- Provide direction and technical leadership on nominated projects as required
- Assisting the Service Group Manager Rail and the various rail principals and managers, in developing GHD’s Rail Consultancy both locally and globally
- Technical Capability – ensuring GHD’s competencies remain relevant to the emerging market opportunities
- Understanding Project Manager’s needs and working to achieve successful project outcomes
- Understanding the client’s needs and working to achieve a desirable outcome that satisfies both GHD and the client
- Win work through client relationships and ability to prepare proposals
- Act as Project Director/Manager for a wide range of commissions, delivering projects to budget, time and quality
- Previous experience (4+ years) as Sales Engineer or technical consultant
- The appropriate level of technical expertise is required in order that the Job/ Project Accountabilities listed below can be carried out to the necessary standards
- Assess staff requirements at each stage of the project Identify data and information required for project and appoint appropriate sub-consultants
- Communicate project’s critical issues in a timely manner to Directors and clients
- Interest or experience in Rail highly desirable
- Proficiency in Micro Station and AUTOCAD required
- Good team player within a multi-disciplinary rail environment who enthusiastically takes ownership of tasks, taking them through to successful completion
- Work on own initiative and under pressure when necessary
- Convey information accurately with attention to detail
- Keen to learn and develop new and existing skills
- Keen to progress career and take increased responsibility
- Willingness to support graduate structural and rail engineers in developing their own technical skills
- Deal with clients in a friendly, efficient and effective way
- Sound analytical ability, excellent written and presentation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and project organizational skills
- Strong skills in design and analysis
- Supporting the technical, commercial and soft skills development of staff
- Engineering post graduate experience with at least 6 years’ experience in rail engineering
- Proven experience in working on multiple projects concurrently
- Demonstrated hands-on experience using AutoCAD, MicroStation, InRoads and preferably, InRail, is required
How to write Rail Engineer Resume
Rail Engineer role is responsible for design, presentation, manufacturing, training, integration, procurement, architecture, analysis, reporting, research. To write great resume for rail engineer job, your resume must include:
- Your contact information
- Work experience
- Skill listing
Contact Information For Rail Engineer Resume
The section contact information is important in your rail engineer resume. The recruiter has to be able to contact you ASAP if they like to offer you the job. This is why you need to provide your:
- First and last name
- Telephone number
Work Experience in Your Rail Engineer Resume
The section work experience is an essential part of your rail engineer resume. It’s the one thing the recruiter really cares about and pays the most attention to. This section, however, is not just a list of your previous rail engineer responsibilities. It's meant to present you as a wholesome candidate by showcasing your relevant accomplishments and should be tailored specifically to the particular rail engineer position you're applying to. The work experience section should be the detailed summary of your latest 3 or 4 positions.
Representative Rail Engineer resume experience can include:
- Effective presentation skills with colleagues and clients of all levels
- Experience in a similar role preferrably with rail experience working in a Consultancy environment
- Wide range of disciplines and skills within Arup
- Strong experience in design of power electronics
- Managing sub-consultants to ensure that they deliver timely, cost-effective and safe services
- Liaise with clients and stakeholders on projects, developing and maintaining good relationships and industry knowledge
Education on a Rail Engineer Resume
Make sure to make education a priority on your rail engineer resume. If you’ve been working for a few years and have a few solid positions to show, put your education after your rail engineer experience. For example, if you have a Ph.D in Neuroscience and a Master's in the same sphere, just list your Ph.D. Besides the doctorate, Master’s degrees go next, followed by Bachelor’s and finally, Associate’s degree.
Additional details to include:
- School you graduated from
- Major/ minor
- Year of graduation
- Location of school
These are the four additional pieces of information you should mention when listing your education on your resume.
Professional Skills in Rail Engineer Resume
When listing skills on your rail engineer resume, remember always to be honest about your level of ability. Include the Skills section after experience.
Present the most important skills in your resume, there's a list of typical rail engineer skills:
- Have good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills in written and spoken English and be a team player
- Be able to make decisions and operate in a pro-active way to identify and effectively meet the requirements and expectations of clients
- Sound commercial skills in managing consultant engineers
- High-level communication and report writing skills
- Track record and a passion to lead, mentor, motivate and develop the skills of team members at all grades
- Access to our skills networks and Arup University
List of Typical Experience For a Rail Engineer Resume
Experience for senior rail engineer resume.
- Relevant field experience
- Integrating the alignment design with the overall design of the railroad system
- Leading the alignment design team and, potentially, the project design team
- Working knowledge of Civil 3D would be an asset
- Representing Arup at internal and external meetings
- Taking a longer term strategic view of the business and contribute to the development plan of Arup
- Preparing drawings, details and plan development for public rail projects
- Coordinating work with clients, contractors and various disciplines on specifications and deadlines
- Possessing or be in the process to receive your EIT
Experience For Graduate Rail Engineer Resume
- Understanding of Canadian standards and procedures
- Signalling power schemes (replacement, enhancement, extension or diversion)
- Station and trackside building M & E services including lighting studies
- Assist in managing projects and liaising with other project managers
- Maintain high levels of customer service delivering engineering services and projects safely on time on budget
- Lead the system level requirements analysis while liaising with the engineering team
- Contribute to and support business development activities including preparing proposals
Experience For Rail Project Engineer Resume
- Work with a team of engineers designing and producing a variety of transit projects
- Competent understanding of the safety process and the interfaces between the design and manufacturing and installation
- Prepare detailed engineering plans using the various Bentley software products (Microstation and InRail)
- Assist in tracking of project programmes and delivery dates
- Undertake technical reviews and checking
- Follow the engineering control processes, programme-level and project-level plans
Experience For Senior Rail Signalling Engineer Resume
- To continually improve Flashbutt welding process and implement quality control and assurance practices
- Meet the supervisor level requirements of the Operating Discipline Standard STD-IOH-SAF-009
- Coach and mentor junior engineering staff and works supervisors
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering
- Track record in project management (achieving budgets, timeframe and customer requirements)
- Work independently on projects and communicate potential issues with respect to scheduling, budget or progress; and identify the change orders
Experience For Rail Structural Engineer Resume
- Cost estimating and control
- Delivery of quality designs in a timely manner working closely with the broader design team
- Prepare and oversee layouts of track alignment, including special track work such as turnouts, crossovers and diamond crossings
- Prepare and review geometric details of track alignments including horizontal and vertical curves and curve data
- Review shop drawing submittals
- Prepare specifications for track work, including special track, earthwork, and drainage
- Mentor and develop people, promote learning from successes and problems within the group
Experience For Senior Engineer, Rail-uk Resume
- Oversee engineering design staff
- Review of shop drawings and providing responses to contractor’s requests for information
- Electrification system studies and modelling
- Undertake checking and approval of designs before issue
- Exposure to existing or proposed friend and/or passenger railways in WA or wider-Australia
- Knowledge of railway planning and design
- Rail Designer for Transit projects including the design and review of Civil3D models
Experience For Senior Rail Structural Engineer Resume
- Ensure financial data is up to date and co-ordinate the timely and correct issuing of invoices and payment of debts
- Work within financial and programme constraints, monitoring expenditure against the project fee
- We are currently only considering applications from New Zealand / Australian Permanent Residents or Citizens
- The Level Crossing Removal Program – Technical Advisor (all disciplines)
- Geelong to Waurn Ponds Track Duplication business case technical advisor subconsultant (operational modelling)
- Track record in achieving deadlines
Experience For Rail Engineer / EIT Resume
- Sound knowledge of civil engineering fundamentals
- Familiarity with civil drafting software
- Proficiency with civil engineering design and analysis tools for rail, roads, and/or water systems
- Past history of technical presentations and technical writing
- Completion of 2 years of post-secondary civil engineering program
- Qualification in a professional engineering discipline
Experience For Rail System Project Engineer Resume
- Significant accountability for track infrastructure engineering within a major Class 1 railroad
- Exposure to existing or proposed friend and/or passenger railways in VIC or wider-Australia; (delete)
- Develop and oversee the design of track alignments, including special track work such as turnouts, crossovers and diamond crossings
- Prepare and review geometric details of track alignments including horizontal and vertical curve data
- Assist in developing strategic approaches and concepts
- Mentor other engineers and assist them to grow and develop
- Assist in managing and co-ordinating structural and temporary works packages ensuring compliance with design, applicable standards, specifications and procedures
- Provide technical advice to project teams within area of expertise and contribute to successful system integration through involvement of relevant discipline engineers and other parties
Experience For Rail & Tranist Systems Intergration Engineer Resume
- Monitor works on site and contractors’ performance against agreed inspection and test plans (ITPs) and facilitating the smooth inspection of works by appointed accredited engineers in line with the Inspection process
- Effective commercial management of consultants
- Tracking of project programmes and delivery date
- Ensure Construction methodologies are to standard and design
- Monitoring works on site and contractors’ performance against agreed inspection and test plans (ITPs) and facilitating the smooth inspection of works by appointed accredited engineers in line with the Inspection process
- Ensuring Construction methodologies are to standard and design
- Provide expert technical advice and support to maintenance leadership and staff
- Define and approve track maintenance standards, codes of practice, work specifications and audit to ensure quality is achieved and verified
- Develop and apply a governance and quality verification process to ensure that all maintenance and renewals works completed meet the standards of the railroad
List of Typical Skills For a Rail Engineer Resume
Skills for senior rail engineer resume.
- Demonstrated experience on various types of rail projects, to include design and plan development of rail projects is required
- Prior experience in Design & Build projects, highly competent in requirements management, change management and delivery to programme
- Prior experience in Design & Build projects, highly competent in delivery management in a quality and timely manner
- Solid rail design knowledge and experience
- A proven ability in accepting responsibility, meeting design deadlines and working as part of a design team
- Senior experience in an engineering or consulting environment with project delivery
- Experience in transportation engineering, including design for freight rail or passenger transit facilities
Skills For Graduate Rail Engineer Resume
- Experience in railway engineering and managing complex multidisciplinary railway projects
- Experience in business development and/or support (proposal writing, positioning with clients)
- Skill in the operation of computers to perform daily activities including e-mail correspondence, letter writing and review of plans
- Serve as Project Manager or Task Lead on projects as needed; experience managing project budgets and project invoicing
- Experience with or management of projects using MicroStation and/or AutoCADD engineering design software
- Undertake and assist more experienced members of staff with the analysis of information, production of designs, modelling and computations
- Implement Flashbutt welding quality control process and drive strong performance
- Write technical documentation to support these technical projects including specifications, traceability, verification and validation criteria and deliverables
Skills For Rail Project Engineer Resume
- Tertiary qualification in Civil/Structurel Engineering with a strong interest in Rail
- Experience in urban passenger rail and track engineering and complex, multi-discipline rail transit projects
- Experience in railway engineering is required
- Experience delivering successful, large rail transit projects required
- Experience designing track or civil infrastructure
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook)
- Experience in developing maintenance standards and codes of practice which govern the asset management of the track infrastructure
- Experience in managing consultant engineers
Skills For Senior Rail Signalling Engineer Resume
- Demonstrated ability to working with other employees and entities to coordinate projects
- Proactively engaging with clients and contractors to prepare high quality, technically efficient and cost effective project solutions
- Demonstrated interest in Rail & Transit Infrastructure
- Civil and Roads/ Highways/Rail design experience
- Strong systems knowledge, expeirence with Doors NG would be highly desireable
- Experience in commuter and light rail transit projects
- Strong knowledge of AREMA, urban passenger rail and Light Rail Transit design and construction requirements
Skills For Rail Structural Engineer Resume
- Relevant experience includes
- Evidence of past internship or extracurricular activity in the field
- Proven ability to perform in a deadline driven environment
- Evidence of personal investment in academic or extracurricular field
- Experience in Transit or Rail design (freight, LRT, subway, passenger rail, or streetcar)
- Experience with CN, CP, VIA, TTC, Metrolinx or similar
- Work experience in the rail industry would be advantageous
Skills For Senior Engineer, Rail-uk Resume
- Experience in Rail/Transit design
- Experience in transportation design
- Experience in transportation design - railroad projects
- Significant experience in track management predominantly in heavy haul or bulk commodities transport
- Demonstrated ability to read, understand and administer contracts
Skills For Senior Rail Structural Engineer Resume
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret construction plans, provisions and specifications
- Relevant, professional experience
- Experience to include rail alignment and trackwork
- Undertake project roles and tasks as appropriate to experience and as agreed with the project manager and internal market leadership
- Mentoring and advising staff regarding various FRA, AREMA, Class I Railroad and Passenger/Commuter Railroad requirements and preferences
- Coordinating with multiple disciplines, including rail systems and working in conjunction with project managers to help complete assigned tasks
- Managing and co-ordinating structural and temporary works packages ensuring compliance with design, applicable standards, specifications and procedures
- Assisting Project Managers in scheduling, planning and QA/QC of contractor construction performance
Skills For Rail Engineer / EIT Resume
- Supporting the firm’s compliance in maintaining ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 requirement
- Understanding trends and best practices in the permanent way and rail engineering market
- Making engineering judgments on site change requests and alternative design proposal
- Managing projects and liaising with other project managers
- Following the engineering control processes, programme-level and project-level plans
- Working with Project Managers on developing design schedule and budgets
- Working knowledge of Transport Canada Guidelines and Canadian Railway Operating Rules
- Training & professional development of junior and intermediate engineers working as part of the group
Skills For Rail System Project Engineer Resume
- Reporting to the Canada Rail Lead, provide engineering, technical, and design support to the Rail Group
- Leading design of track alignment and structure including preparation of drawings and other technical documents
- Preparing and reviewing high quality reports
- Performing site condition inspections, and writing site inspection reports
- Undertaking rail alignment design, design of trackwork, track form and associated civil works
Skills For Rail & Tranist Systems Intergration Engineer Resume
- Assisting senior staff on a variety of projects such as new LRTs project and subway works across Canada
- Writing reports for internal and external purposes based on findings
- Presenting technical material in traditional and innovative ways for review by technical and non-technical audiences
- Participating in local Professional Associations
- Conducting the periodic trackwork inspection
- Reviewing design work of intermediate and junior engineers
- Reviewing design work of team members and junior engineers
- Designing track and railway infrastructures in accordance with the quality objectives and regulations, laws and standards (ex. Metrolinx, CN, CP and AREMA)
List of Typical Responsibilities For a Rail Engineer Resume
Responsibilities for senior rail engineer resume.
- Experience in the design of a range of rail projects, above ground, at grade and below ground
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a team of engineers, other technical and support staff
- Experience of Design Build Procurement
- Assist in preparation of design documents for trackwork, including alignments, specifications, criteria, details, and estimates
- Assess and approve or reject requested deviations from standards
- Identify opportunities to improve the performance of the railroad operation and work with key stakeholders to implement solutions
- Determine stakeholders needs and expectations on technical projects
- Contribute to all aspects of client and design-team management of commuter, shortline, freight, transit and class-one rail projects
Responsibilities For Graduate Rail Engineer Resume
- Serve as Assistant Project Manager on larger projects Project Manager on smaller projects as needed; project management is not sole focus of position
- Actively work on urban passenger rail design for Mainline, yards, industrial tracks, intermodal, light rail and Streetcar track design projects
- Management of the track design process through the conceptual, preliminary, and detailed design phases
- Preparation of the design briefs, technical reports, design analysis and calculations
- Calculation of quantities, preparation of cost estimates, project specifications and construction documents
Responsibilities For Rail Project Engineer Resume
- Provide technical direction to junior designers and oversee work undertaken by junior staff
- Participation in the preparation of proposals and other strategic initiatives
- Interaction with clients and transportation agencies on a regular basis
- Supervise more junior staff and coordinate production workload
- Work in fast paced environment, meet the deadlines and budget targets
- Design of rail infrastructure for Clients and Contractors
- Work with a team of engineers on alignment design and other transportation projects
Responsibilities For Senior Rail Signalling Engineer Resume
- Perform calculations and design details for conformance to code specified loadings and strength
- Research and report on findings for design code issues
- Quantity take-off for project engineer’s estimate
- Develop project specific design criteria
- Contribute to the overall leadership of the Rail team in Canada
- Develops the project concept and definition
- Manages the preparation of the procurement and construction contract documents
Responsibilities For Rail Structural Engineer Resume
- Preparation of presentations and reports
- Oversee the work of EITs and Junior Project Engineers
- Work independently, research appropriate solutions and present findings to project team
- MicroStation and AutoCAD software to lay out right-of-way, rail alignments, drainage systems, roadway design, sidewalks and pedestrian accommodation, utility systems, and grading designs
- Hydraulic modeling tools such as InfoWorks, Hydraflow and WaterCAD to plan, analyze and design stormwater systems and track drainage systems, and target other resiliency improvements
- Techniques associated with construction activities and construction phasing analysis
- Inter-disciplinary coordination with Structures, Architecture, M/E/P, Communications, Signaling, as well as other Operations and Maintenance concerns
- Applicable codes such as AREMA, Agency Design Standards, NEC/NFPA, and related specifications and standards for design of the above elements
- Techniques to develop Quality work
Responsibilities For Senior Engineer, Rail-uk Resume
- Needs and concerns of our clients
- Assist in preparation of proposals and contracts
- Project communications and documentation
- Satisfy client requirements and expectations
- Coordinate work efforts with others
Responsibilities For Senior Rail Structural Engineer Resume
- Coordinate the delivery of multi-discipline projects including the planning and environmental process; preliminary design and final design; manage the assembly of plans, specifications and construction estimate packages
- Serve as a high-level point of contact between the client and HDR; helping to develop client marketing plans, develop and maintain client relationships, preparation of proposals and cost estimates
- Experience in the design of track for Metro, Light Rail, Commuter and/or Freight
- Proven accuracy and thoroughness
- Perform track geometry calculations
Responsibilities For Rail Engineer / EIT Resume
- Develop details of track structure elements
- Participate in field investigations of track elements
- Assistant in specification development for contracted projects
- Profound knowledge of traction chain and familiarity with the electrical equipment of rail vehicles desirable
- Quick perception with independent, structured, and proactive work style
Responsibilities For Rail System Project Engineer Resume
- Many connections within their industry and a significant reputation in a relevant area of expertise
- Overhead Line Electrification systems
- Substation design (replacement, enhancement or extension)
- Develop construction sequence
- ETE (3rd / 4th Rail)
- HV feeders 11, 22, 33 and 66kV (replacement or diversion)
- HV switchgear (11, 22, 33 and 66kV) modification
- CPEng (or equivalent) – highly advantageous
Responsibilities For Rail & Tranist Systems Intergration Engineer Resume
- Fluency in 3D CAD software
- Member of the ICE, IET or APM or similar and an Incorporated Engineer
- Chartered or near chartered member of the ICE, IET or APM or similar would be an advantage
- Eligibility to obtain P.ENG license an asset
- Proficient with AutoCAD, Civil 3D and/or Microstation and Bentley InRoads
- Technical ability to lead the design and creation of design (PS&E) submittal packages is required
- Fully competent in In-Rail, Micro Station, Roadway Modeler, Excel, software is required
Related to Rail Engineer Resume Samples
Apps engineer resume sample, engineer electromechanical resume sample, mes engineer resume sample, assistant director engineering resume sample, engineer service resume sample, resume builder.
404 Not found
Texas Tech aims to expand STEM participation with new study
of our surveyed students rated their academic counselors 5-STARS
Post University is licensed by the State of Connecticut through the Office of Higher Education. Post University is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) and has been continuously accredited since 1972. For useful consumer information and gainful employment program disclosures go to /consumer-information
Housed within two campus buildings, the College of Education offers state-of-the-art facilities where Teacher Education students can learn to sculpt young minds through teacher training that focuses on the various disciplines in the university's curriculum. Teachers in the field can pursue graduate degrees focused on serving diverse learners, enhancing instruction using technology, and earn their Montessori credentials.
PEES students learn to help people prevent injuries and stay healthy, as well as develop an understanding of the biological and physiological changes that occur during physical activity. Graduates are well-prepared for careers in the field and advanced studies in physical therapy, occupational therapy, athletic training, or exercise science.
Our learning spaces include:
- tech-infused classrooms and lecture halls
- Montessori classrooms
- state-of-the-art exercise physiology and biomechanics laboratories
- an athletic training and teaching/pedagogy laboratory
- a weight room and elevated walk/jog track
Our partner, TeachSC, is a program that provides free support to anyone who’s thinking about becoming a teacher. When you sign up, you get perks like 1-on-1 coaching, up to 0 back in fee reimbursements towards expenses related to applying to our programs (including testing and fingerprints), and a chance to win a regional ,000 scholarship! Access these resources by signing up here !
The College of Education is accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).